Thursday, August 25, 2016

Chapter 1.5-The Truth Must Be Told


The last time that Grandpa Emmett and Grandma Holly visited they gave Katherine a gift that she was overjoyed to receive. She always felt bad that she couldn't see her sister Chelsea's season on "The One" and as luck would have it A DVD collection of the best seasons had been released. Chelsea's season was on that DVD which meant that Katherine now had a chance to see it.  Katherine was never a fan of this show but now she started thinking of it differently. Maybe it was because one of the seasons’s featured her sister or maybe it was because she finally knew what it felt like to find someone to love and have that love returned.


She had been dating Jeremy for over 3 years now and to say things were not always hearts and flowers with them would be an understatement. These two always had a way of getting on each other’s nerves without even trying. Katherine was a neat freak who wanted everything in proper order but Jeremy was more laid back and carefree. This would result in huge fights over the smallest little things like who would have control over the TV remote, which way to hang the toilet paper roll under or over, why was the toothpaste cap was always left on the sink, he could never find anything because she was constantly moving all his stuff to where he couldn't find it, the orange stains or crumbs on the sheets after he ate Cheetos or Doritos in bed and of course the toilet seat being left up. Usually these disagreements would be forgotten as soon as the heat of the argument led to night of erotic passion. Their lovemaking was as just intense as their fighting. Only once did they have a fight that lasted a couple a days and that was the time that Jeremy didn’t answer the “Do I look fat?” question quick enough. Even though the makeup sex was worth it after that argument, Jeremy learned never to make that mistake again. These two proved that opposites do indeed attract as these fights seemed to fuel their relationship and made their feeling stronger for each other after each one.

One thing that Katherine always worried about was the fact that she was hiding the truth about herself from Jeremy. Katherine was from another realm with grandparents who were born 2000 years in the future. Jeremy didn’t even know that time travel was possible and that she lived in a realm he never even heard of. Katherine knew why the rules that no one was to learn about their mission unless they married into the family were so important so she was not able to tell Jeremy anything. She felt guilty about keeping a secret from him and even guiltier when he questioned her about her past. She tried to avoid the subject which usually ended up in an argument and eventually the bedroom. After a night of making love Jeremy forgot all about his questions.


Football was not in season yet so Jeremy was always home and Katherine was anxious to see her sister on that TV. She made the mistake watching the DVD with Jeremy as she forgot that he wouldn’t recognize the show or the locales at all. Never once did she think that information she was holding back from telling him would be revealed during the show. How she could be so dumb? She regretted her mistake as soon he had questions that she couldn't answer.


Jeremy noticed that the bachelorette genie did look a lot like Kathy which he just thought was a coincidence. When they showed the confessional and he seen the name “Chelsea Wood” in big letters that Jeremy started to have questions. This girl not only looked like Kathy but she had the same last name as her. Katherine started to reach for the remote control to shut the TV off but he stopped her as he knew something was up. “Hold on. I want to see more of this” Jeremy said.


“I didn’t think reality TV was something you liked,” Katherine said.

“It isn’t but I want to see this,” Jeremy said.


The bachelorette was talking about an incident that happened earlier that day. It seemed that one of the werewolf bachelors thought it was a good idea to growl at her. She ended up hitting the werewolf over the head with a rolled up newspaper because she knew how to handle werewolves. Her father was a werewolf along with her two siblings Katherine and Nicklaus.


“Now you can shut it off. How stupid do you really think I am?  Did you really believe I wouldn't figure out that she is your sister?  In fact how come you never tell me much about your family?” Jeremy asked.

Katherine never even answered even the smallest of questions about her family because she was afraid that eventually she would have to lie to him which was something she never wanted to do. He did know about Starr and a vague idea about her family because she made the mistake of blabbing her university story all over town but that is all he knew. What would she say if Jeremy wanted to meet her family? She couldn’t tell him that they lived in an alternate universe and he would have to travel through realms to meet them. The other alternative was to say she wasn’t close to them as it was a lie. These two did disagree on many things and they had no problem voicing their opinions to each other but they were always honest with each other. Lying was never an option to either of them.

“You are right Chelsea is my sister,” Katherine said. “My family lives far away and the commute is not an easy one.”

“That still doesn’t explain why you don’t speak of them,” Jeremy said.


“It’s a complicated situation and its best that we not talk about it,” Katherine said.

“You are not estranged from your family as I do remember you being away visiting them every once in a while so why is it complicated,” Jeremy asked.

“I love my family very much but…”


“But what Kathy! Are you afraid for me to meet them? Are you ashamed of me? I know you are from a privileged family and I’m from the wrong side of the tracks. Is that what it is? You are afraid to tell them you are slumming it?” Jeremy yelled back.

“Nothing could be further from the truth. I would be proud to bring you to meet my father but he lives too far away,” Katherine yelled.

“Well why can’t we just go there? This is the off season for me and you don’t have a time clock to punch. Between my contract and the royalty from your books we have the money to travel so why don’t we just hop on the next flight out. There is absolutely no reason we can’t go. Unless you are not that serious about this relationship” Jeremy said loudly.


“How dare you think that! You know how much I love you and if I could……Can you trust me a little while longer? As soon as I am able to tell you everything I’ll take you with me.” Katherine realized she shouldn’t have said that as soon as the words came out of her mouth.


“So there is more that you are not telling me? You are asking me to trust you but you are not trusting me at all. Well that is ok we don’t have to go at all. The only damn reason I wanted to meet you family was so that I could ask you father for his bles…” Jeremy stopped right there as he realized he said too much.


“What did you want to ask my father?” Katherine asked.

“Nothing,” Jeremy said. He wasn’t old fashioned but he knew that Katherine was and getting her father’s blessing would be something that would she would like. He was actually planning on asking her on Snowflake Day as they started dating on that holiday. Romance was her thing and for her he planned a proposal that would have been romantic. The last thing he wanted to do was yell this information out during an argument.

“Blessing that is what you were going to say! Wasn’t it” Katherine said “Were you planning on asking me to marry you?”


“That wasn’t the way I wanted this to happen but it seems like I have trouble controlling myself around you especially when we get into it. The more you infuriate me the more I seem to love you,” Jeremy admitted.

 “SO WILL YOU?” Jeremy shouted.


"YES I WILL!" Katherine shouted back.

That wasn’t the most romantic proposal ever but Katherine knew she wasn’t dating one of those guys from the books that she wrote. Jeremy was far from being “that guy” and he never would be. She didn't want him to be the type that would worship the ground she walked on and fulfill her every wish.  That was nice for a book but not for real life. Katherine wanted him to be himself no matter how much he annoyed her. What they had was perfect and this proposal reflected their relationship.


He was about to kiss her but then he remembered that he didn’t have the ring on him. “Wait here and don’t move,” he said as he ran back to his house. He was back quicker than she knew and he slipped a beautiful diamond ring on her finger. They kissed and he led her to the bedroom. They made love until they fell asleep in each other’s arms. Neither one of them remember the argument or what it was about which is what usually happened with those two.


The next morning the sun was shining but these two decided to stay in bed and make plans for the rest of their lives. They both agreed that they needed a larger house and would start looking for one as soon as possible. Werewolves were rare in Meadow Glen and they planned on forming their own pack with their own pups so they needed the extra room.

“That’s strange” Jeremy said after he seen a flash of light came from outside, “It’s a sunny day but I swear I just seen a lightening flash and I heard a strange sound."  Katherine knew exactly what that sound was and it wasn’t the weather.


“Well last night you wanted to meet my family and it looks like you are going to get the chance today. You better throw some clothes on because I’m sure my Grandparents are here,” Katherine said. She threw a robe on and walked into the living room but it wasn’t her grandparents who were waiting for her.


“I hope you don't mind that I let myself in.  You really should lock that door" Chelsea said.  "Not wearing much under that robe are you. It looks like my saintly sister is not so saintly anymore.”


“Chelsea! I thought it was Grandma Holly and Grandpa Emmett this is a surprise!” Katherine screamed in excitement.


“Well where is the hunk that Starr told me about?  I think her exact words were that you were salivating over him as if he were the blue plate special.  I’m dying to meet my soon to be brother in law,” Chelsea said.

“How did you know about that it just happened last night?” Katherine asked.


“Oh Pul-eeze Katherine you have the same Grandparents I do. They don’t give out information unless there is a reason for it no matter how much we beg for it. Believe me I have tried and those two will not crack for anything. Everything is on a need to know basis.  They asked me to come get you to see Dad and they said to bring your fiancĂ© and to tell him everything on the way over.”

“Chelsea is Dad ok?” Katherine asked.


“When I left Dad was fine but he is very old Katherine even for a werewolf. He hasn't been the same since we lost Mom. The last thing I want to do is bring you bad news today of all days but I think we have to face the facts. Grandma Holly was trying to hide her feelings but she was too upset to come herself so they sent me. I hate to say this but I think we have to prepare ourselves for the worse. I’m sure there is still some time as you know they would want to give you a chance to spend time Dad again.  This is why you need to come with me now.”


Jeremy came out to see the two sisters in a serious conversation and he immediately sensed that something was wrong. “Kathy is something wrong?” Jeremy asked.

“I hope you were serious last night when you said you wanted to leave right away to meet my family because we need to go right now,” Katherine said.

“Where are we going? You never told me where you were from,” Jeremy asked.

“It’s a place called Aurora Skies” Katherine said.

“I’ve never heard of it” Jeremy said.

“Chelsea and I will explain everything to you on the way over and this whole tale might sound far-fetched but I assure everything you are about to hear is true and top secret” Katherine explained.


“As you might have guess I'm Chelsea.  She lets you call her Kathy?” Chelsea asked with a laugh in her voice. “How did you manage that? She hated when Nicklaus and I did that as kids.”

“Because you and Nicklaus are not him. He is the only one allowed to call me Kathy!” Katherine said.

The three of them traveled to Aurora Skies and Jeremy thought the whole story was a bit crazy but he did believe it and he promised to keep it all a secret. When they arrived in Aurora Skies Jules was in perfect health but soon his condition changed.


The couple decided to get married in Aurora Skies as Jules was too ill to travel through the realms. He was still able to walk his little girl down the aisle but it wasn’t long after the wedding that he died.


Jules was able to rest in peace knowing that he left both his daughters in good hands.


Authors Note: I'm sad to say that Jules has passed away in my game.  He was always a secondary character but he was important and loved in my story for a very long time.  I would like a post a memorial to Jules here.

















6 comments:

  1. hahaha OMG those two fight hard and then have mind blowing make up sex!!! I love it. LOL And it's so them, fits them perfectly. They are very much opposites but they work.

    I can understand why Jeremy was upset about her not talking about her family. Granted, it wasn't the reason he thought, but since he isn't from her same 'class' it would be in the back of his mind since she wasn't giving him much to work with before.

    Aww, the wedding was lovely. Nice to do a small one right? Love the dress and the blue roses were gorgeous! Sad that Jules is gone, he was an important side character and I love the memorial you did for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both Kathy and Jeremy are very passionate people. There is so much passion in their fights that it carries over to their love making. Because they are so opposite its better that they make their feeling known to each other. Yes it might lead to a fight but holding back would be worse for them. Fighting actually makes their relationship healthy and work. They certainly do love and trust each other and that is the main structure for any good relationship.

      Katherine knew the reasons why should couldn't tell him and it was killing her that she couldn't. He knew she had family out there but he could never understand why he didn't meet them and she never talked about them. He jumped to the only conclusion he could think of. It wasn't true but he would have never guessed the truth in a million years. I'm sure all Jeremy's doubts about not being from the same class were forgotten on the day that Jules placed his daughters hand in Jeremy's.

      Actually I loved just doing the small wedding. I got to dress her up and take wedding pictures of them but I didn't have to spend a month posing pictures. I do think big weddings are right for the right couples but this was obviously a quickie wedding so her father could attend before he passed away. Naturally it would be handled that way here. The blue theme at the wedding was in honor of Jules. Yes he had blue hair but he was also a police officer so that was his color. So Katherine carried a bouquet of blue roses and Chelsea wore a blue dress.

      Delete
  2. I love the passionate relationship those two have!
    And let me say Jeremy is wrong here - this is actually the most romantic proposal I've read from you! It fits those two so perfectly.

    And I'm sad Jules passed away... he was such a great help to Sandi and Caleb. I'm happy he had the chance to walk Kathy down the aisle at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The proposal fits the type of relationship that these two have. They fight over such little trivial things although this chapter showed a fight that had a little more meaning to it which led right into the proposal.

      I still miss Jules and probably always will. He will rest peacefully knowing that Katherine will always be loved.

      Delete
  3. Looks like this is going to be a marriage in Italian style. :)
    I'm sad Jules died. He was one of my favorite characters, even though he wasn't a main one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is. It happens to be that this is the way they are happy and that is the main thing. They do have their sweet moments.

      This is the biggest problems with legacies, characters die on you. I hate when this happens and I'm expecting a couple more. Jules was a secondary character but I loved him and will miss him.

      Delete