Monday, October 5, 2015

Chapter 1.4-A Change of Heart

*****DISCLAIMER-There is a sexual theme used in this update*****


Life never turned out the way Katherine wanted it too as nothing ever seemed to go her way. She always wished that she could live her life as one of the heroines in her romance novels because at the end of every story the heroine always found the love of her life. That was a dream that she knew was doomed to fail as there was only one man that she ever allowed herself to love, Spencer Kincaid. She confessed her feelings to him and to her dismay she found out he didn’t feel the same way right before he walked into her cousin’s bedroom. She hid herself from both of them until it was time to graduate and all three of them would go their separate ways. She had accepted the fact that Spencer would never be hers a long time before now and she was completely over him.  The fear of being rejected in the same manner did prevent her from ever taking that same risk again and who had time for that anyway she had a mission to complete.

 
But then one night Katherine thought all her waiting was for a reason as she received a surprise visitor from another universe. The man she forced herself to fall out of love with and to never think of ever again walked right into her living room. How did he find her? She didn’t know nor did she care. She was living in another universe and as far as she knew he didn’t have any access to the portal or even knew of its existence. 


He walked right up to her and told her that he made a terrible mistake that night and he begged for her forgiveness. He said that he was brainwashed by Starr’s charms and she was the one he loved all along. 


It was a scene right out of one of the many romance novels she had every written and one she ever doubted could ever really happen. It all seemed like a dream to her when he kissed her and he led her to the bedroom. His kisses were soft and gentle at first but gradually they became more and more passionate. He took off his shirt and threw it to the floor and then he started to undress her. It wasn’t long before all of their clothes were scattered all around the floor of her bedroom. 


As he climbed on top of her she held him close. His body was perfectly toned and more muscular than she ever imagined it would be.  Spencer definitely was not the type to work out so this was a surprise.  As he made love to her she knew her decision to wait for him paid off as she saved her first time for the one man she was truly in love with.

The next morning, she went to kiss him and he said “Good morning, Kathy.”


This was not a dream at all in fact this was more of a nightmare as it wasn’t Spencer who she was face to face with it was that obnoxious Jeremy who lived next door. 


She was sweating and her heart was beating a mile a minute as she sat up in her bed. Everything felt as if it was really happening but it was only a stupid dream. She couldn’t escape from that annoying jerk no matter what she did. He invaded what should be her safe haven, her thoughts and her dreams. She at least had to admit to that she was physically attracted to him as she couldn’t deny that he was a fine specimen of a man. The problem was that he was so full of himself and he irritated her whenever she had to deal with him.


She looked at the clock and it was 5 AM and she knew she wasn’t going to get back to sleep so it she was better off getting an early start to her day. She set up the coffee maker to start brewing as she poured some cereal and milk into a bowl. Her meals were simple as she only had herself to cook for but there were times when she did feel she wanted to try new recipes and increase her cooking skills. It seemed such a waste to go through all that effort with no one to enjoy the meal with her.

Well maybe she would get her chance soon enough as Snowflake Day would soon be here. Her Grandpa Emmett was trying to send the portal to her so she could spend the holidays with her family as she did indeed miss them. Her father was getting up in age and even though he was still healthy and active she didn’t know how many more holidays she would be able to celebrate with him. Her sister Chelsea grew up while Katherine was gone and was now a married woman with a baby of her own. Her niece Catalina was the sweetest little girl who she enjoyed meeting on Feast Day.

It was so wonderful that she now had the freedom to travel back and see her family now. It was safe for her as Denny was dead but there was a problem as traveling between the universes was not as easy as it seemed. Grandpa Emmett explained to her that time travel was easier for the portal as it didn’t have to pass through realm barriers. Each trip the portal would have to pass twice in such a short period so they were limited to its use. She desperately wanted to attend Starr’s daughter’s wedding and was disappointed when the portal was still on a cool down from its most recent use.


She waited for a message from Grandpa Emmett and hoped that the portal would be available in time for the holiday. Chelsea visited for Feast Day but they would spend Snowflake Day with Neal’s family. Katherine wanted to see her sister again so she did choose Feast Day knowing there would be a chance that she would have to miss Snowflake day. Grandpa did promise he would do everything in his power to get the portal to her.

The snow had already started to fall and no word from Grandpa yet. Snowflake Day was tomorrow and she was starting to lose hope. The waiting for an answer seemed to take forever so she decided to get straight to work that morning to make the time pass faster.


She looked at her "To Do" list and cringed when she read the first entry as she was trying to avoid it. She was still contracted to write the biography on the one person she couldn’t stomach the most. Her publisher was already on her back as he extended the deadline twice and like it or not she couldn’t put if off any longer. She was going to have to set up an interview and this time it would be in a public place and certainly not in the locker room again. She couldn’t believe the nerve he had to expose himself as he did but she should have expected exactly that from someone like him. After that she avoided all possible contact with him but that was also the time when the dreams started. She hated the fact that he found a way to invade her thoughts at night and she wished there was a way to get him out of her head.


As she was going to pick up the phone to call him for the interview she noticed she received a message from her grandfather. She peeked out the window with hopes that the portal suddenly appeared but it was nowhere in sight. She already knew what the message was going to say even before she opened it.


My Dearest Katherine,

I’m afraid that I must be the bearer of some distressing news. As much as I regret having to disappoint you, I will be unable to dispatch the portal in time for the observance of Snowflake Day. 

As you do know traveling between the universe realm barriers is a difficult process and we must take all safety precautions. I hope you do understand that we would all enjoy your presence at the family gathering for Snowflake Day traditions but I cannot risk your personal health and safety as that is my upmost priority. I would never forgive myself if anything ever happened to you my dear and your father is in total agreement with me. We will miss you and we do hope that you have some close friends that you might celebrate the holiday with. Starr mentioned that you might have a neighbor who you might want to call on. 

We will all be thinking of you and I do know the portal will be ready for the Spring Festival. Grandma Holly is looking forward to seeking out festival eggs with you and you owe me a game of horseshoes. It’s double or nothing this time as I plan to be victorious this time. 

With Love, 

Grandpa Emmett



Katherine knew that this would be a possibility but that didn’t make the news easier to accept. There would be more Snowflake Days and she started to count the days until the Spring Festival. She might as well get some work done since she was going to be alone. She looked at the rest of her “To Do” list because she knew she could do the interview in the mood she was in now. That wise ass that lived next door would only make her feel worse than she did now. What annoyed her most was the fact that Starr still believed that moron could not only be her friend but more than friends with her. Katherine knew Starr didn’t mean any harm in fact she probably had good intentions, but this time she was dead wrong.

Meanwhile in Aurora Skies:



Holly walked in and viewed her husband at the hologram computer that was always used to keep in contact with Katherine. Looking over his shoulder she read the reply Katherine wrote to him message.

Holly: Why Emmett Wood who knew you could lie so well and to your own Granddaughter too. You are a genius with that portal and you know it is ready for transport.


Emmett: My lady you and I both know it is in the best interest for our granddaughter if she spends this Snowflake Day in Meadow Glen. Our Granddaughter has a destiny which we do have knowledge of and we also know she is too stubborn to admit it.

Holly: Too stubborn? I wonder where she gets that from.

Emmett: The holidays are a time for celebration but they are also a time for depression especially for people who are alone.

Holly: So it is better for Katherine to stay in Meadow Glen and be depressed and alone.


Emmett: Oh but that is where you are mistaken my lady Katherine will not be alone. Starr has confirmed that she has already become acquainted with the young man we knew she was destined to meet. Both of them will let their guards down and they may look at each other differently especially when they are forced to share this magical time of the year together.



Holly: My dear you are absolutely right! The sentiment of the season will soften them both and maybe next year we will be visiting Katherine in Meadow Glen for her wedding.

Emmett: You have time before you go shopping for another dress as those two still have issues to work out. Let us just hope that this holiday will ignite the sparks of what is to be a fiery relationship.


Emmett: You do know my lady there is plenty of time before we need to leave for Jules’ house so why don’t we have our own celebration.

Holly: I thought you would never ask.


Back in Meadow Glen:


It was Snowflake Day Eve but Katherine’s heart was not into the holiday this year. She did put up a few decorations but nothing was extravagant as she wasn't in the mood to celebrate. Her holiday plans were to make a salad for dinner, watch a movie and go to bed early. She picked up the remote control and started clicking every freaking station had holiday programming on and she couldn’t turn on the radio as all they played was holiday music. No matter where she turned messages of good cheer and joy surrounded her and she wanted no part of them. Eventually she decided on watching “It’s a Wonderful Life” due to the fact that she seen a suicidal George Bailey standing on a bridge wishing he had never been born. She knew exactly how George felt because that is exactly the way she felt right now. There was only one thing that could have made this night worse for her and wouldn’t you know that was about to happen. 


The doorbell rang and of course as almost on cue the thorn in her side was on the other side of the door. She should have expected him as he always seems to know the worst possible time to just “happen” to drop by.

Jeremy: Hello Kathy, how is your holiday?


Katherine: Fine until now and my name is Katherine.

Jeremy: I see you are still angry about the locker room even though it’s been a while since then.

Katherine: You should have never exposed yourself like that. 

 
Jeremy: Ok you have a point and I do apologize for that but that is not why I am here. The team sends all the members an entire catered holiday feast. I’m by myself and I could never eat all that food most of it will go to waste. I thought I could offer to send it here if you were having company tonight but I see that you are alone too. Why don’t you come over and share the meal with me?

Katherine: I don’t know if that is such a good idea.

Jeremy: I promise to keep my clothes on and can’t we call a truce in the spirit of the holiday?


Katherine had to stop to think for a moment. He did seem sincere about the apology and maybe she could work this to her advantage. She still had to do the interview with him as her publisher was breathing down her neck for taking way too long with the biography and a catered dinner did sound nice.

Katherine: I still need to ask you questions for the book and if you promise to be good and keep your clothes on.

Jeremy: As long as you promise to be good and keep your clothes on so will I.


Katherine: You see that is what I mean…..

Jeremy: Lighten up Kathy it was just a joke. I promise to be good.


Katherine: Against my better judgment I will trust you but Jeremy just one more thing.

Jeremy: What is that?

Katherine: My name is KATHERINE!


This was the first time Katherine was in Jeremy’s house and it wasn’t what she expected. She thought she would be walking into an unkempt bachelor pad with pizza boxes stacked on the counter and dirty laundry all over the place. Everything was neat, clean and he even decorated for the holiday which was something she never expected.


He did keep to his promise and acted like a perfect gentlemen for the evening and she actually started to enjoy his company.  After dinner they enjoyed some eggnog together and watched the end of the movie. The evening almost seemed to be going well to both of their surprises but of course nothing ever goes well for these two.


Jeremy: So Kathy I know you have family and that you visited them on Feast Day. How come you aren't with them tonight?

Katherine: We had a little transportation issue but I will be there for the Spring Festival. What about you? Don't you have any family to visit?

Jeremy: If you don't mind I rather not talk about it.


Katherine: Well I do have to find out for the biography, why not just tell me about your family?

Jeremy: Listen Kathy I know how much you must be dreading to write the book so why don't I be a gentleman and back out of this project. My publicist forced me into this so I can ask him to get me out.


Katherine: You know just because I haven't interviewed you yet does not mean I haven't worked on the book at all. I have been doing research into the team and everything written about you. I have already put some time into this and as much as I hate having to deal with you I want to finish this.


Jeremy: Well maybe it's me who doesn't want to deal with you! Ever since we met I have been trying to be your friend as you seem to need one but all you ever do is push me away. Maybe I don't want to open up to a person who can't stand to be around me when I am sure there are many other who would.

Katherine: Why don't you go and find those "many others" and leave me alone for a change.

Jeremy: I really should but it's you I prefer to be with! I wish for the life of me that I didn't.  For some strange reason I actually like you and I thought we could be friends or maybe more.  I guess I was wrong.


Jeremy: Why don't I just give you my background information for the book and then I promise to stay away from you forever if you like. I grew up with my mother alone and I haven't a clue who my father is. The only thing I know about him is that he left my mother the minute she found out she was pregnant. My mother rarely talked about him and I never pressed her for any information. I would appreciate if you mention this in the book as little as possible. She had to work two jobs just to pay the rent for people who constantly put her down and ridiculed her. She had a child out of wedlock so they considered her trash and treated her as such.  She accepted the constant abuse just to put food on the table and make sure I had an education. She was on a mission to make sure that I had a better life and no one was going to stop her. She denied herself simple pleasures just to make sure she could pay for me to attend the better schools which happened to work for me as the football coaches noticed me right away. One day I ran home to tell her some wonderful news, the university offered me a full football scholarship. That should have been the happiest day of her life but she wasn't home she was in the hospital as she was ill longer than either of us knew.  Her disease spread to stage three and was progressing quickly. She neglected her own health as she always put my needs before her own. She was the only family I had ever known and she died two months before I graduated high school. On her death bed I promised that make her proud and she told me that she already was.  That was my last memory of her.


Katherine had stopped taking notes half way through his story and she looked at Jeremy as if it was the first time they met. She never knew what a tortured soul he was and she wished she had treated him differently the entire time.

Katherine: I'm so sorry about your mother, she sounded like an amazing woman.


Jeremy: Yes she was an amazing woman which is why when I first seen you whining in the bars about your life I had the wrong impression of you. I seen you as a whiny brat who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth who wouldn't do anything to help herself.

Katherine: I guess I never realized until now how fortunate my life really was.   Then why did you say before you preferred to be with me than look for others.


Jeremy: Because I seen another part of your personality that I was attracted to. You may have whined about all the books you submitted but could never get published yet you continued to try no matter how many times you were rejected. It was like you were on a mission to become an author and no one was going to stop you. That day when you received that letter about your first book being published I wanted to celebrate with you but that didn't go so well. I do admire your perseverance and I think you are an amazing woman.   I'm sorry for all the bad words that ever flew between us and I do hope that you can forgive me.


Katherine: Isn't that mistletoe you have hanging up there?

Jeremy: That it is.

Katherine: Aren't you going to kiss me?


Jeremy: Only if you like me to Katherine.

Katherine: I would and my name is Kathy.


Author's Note-Katherine must do the following for the challenge:


Join the writer career 
Write a romance book
Create a best seller
Date one person through the young adult stage
Marry as an adult (Must be the same person dated as a young adult)
Have one kid as an adult  (must happen after marriage) 
Write at least 10 romance stories
Have a date night every week
Stay with spouse until death do us part.

Katherine has written 11 romance novels so now all she needs to do is marry and have a child in order to satisfy the I'm a Lover part to the challenge.  For the Going Solo part her ltw is Illustrious Author, she has maxed writing and is working on painting now.  She has two skill points in painting at this point.  She is on Level 8 of the writer career so she still has to finish that too.  For the Going Solo part Jeremy's ltw does not count and I have basically been leaving him on his own. He did complete his ltw of becoming a superstar athlete and is on level 9 of his career.

12 comments:

  1. Wow...so much happened. LOL Kathy and her naughty dreams. Too funny the guy she saw turned into Jeremy. I guess that little peep show he gave her stuck with her whether she wanted it to or not. And it wasn't just a one time thing, she's been continuing to see him in her dreams. That wolf has gotten her her skin for sure. LOL

    hahaha I see Holly and Emmett are still as frisky as ever. Those two won't ever stop. And bad Emmett, lying to Kathy like that. I guess she needed that nudge to make her see what she's been missing.

    Man...poor Jeremy. His mom sounded like an amazing woman and mother. He has made his mother proud, he's become a good man and I'm sure if she was still alive she would tell him so. I'm glad Kathy got to know more about him. She needed to learn that he's more than just an obnoxious asshole. :) She asked for a kiss AND said her name was Kathy!!! No more dreaming, time to have the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a lot of sexual tension there and that day in the locker room affected Katherine more than she would ever admit even to herself. He was in her head all the time and it came out at night in her dreams. It wasn't one dream it was several dreams so she had these feelings for him a while, she is just way too stubborn to admit it.

      Emmett knew he had to push things along by forcing her to stay in Meadown Glen for the holiday and it did pay off. Nope Holly and Emmett will never stop especially after they found out what they were missing out on.

      Jeremy had a hard life and his mother was an inspiration for him. She sacrificed everything and put up with a lot of abuse just so he would have a good life and he wasn't going to let all of that be in vain. He doesn't open up about it easily but he does care for Katherine and he can talk to her. She needed to learn there was more about him and see him in a different way which she does now. Now that she did see him differently she was ready to take a chance, but these two still have a road ahead of them.

      Thank you for reading.

      Delete
  2. Finally!! :D
    I'm so glad this is finally happening, haha, I've been wanting to see them together for ages :3 Look at Emery and Holly, setting them up! :D
    I do feel a little bad for Jeremy now. He hasn't had it easy but he's come out on top somehow anyway. She'll be fine with him, and his mother sounds like she was an incredible woman.

    ~MischiefTheKitten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was bound to happen sooner or later those two had those feeling but both were too stubborn to admit it especially Katherine. Emmett did need to give them that little push in the right direction. Jeremy's mother was an amazing woman and he tried to make her sacrifice for him mean something and he did make her proud. Now he has a new woman in his life but they still have a bumpy road in front of them as things are never easy for those two.

      Thank you for reading.

      Delete
  3. OMG! Those were some steamy, steamy dreams there. Looks like ever since that locker room incident, Jeremy has gotten into her head and under her skin, like it or not. The subconscious never lies and it's clear that deep down, she wants him even though she wouldn't admit it to herself.

    Haha. I always have to laugh at Emmett and Holly. Those two will always go at it like rabbits. And, Grandpa Emmett was a bad one for lying to her like that. Sometimes things have to happen for their own good and it worked out.

    Awww, I feel so bad for poor Jeremy. :( His mom sounded wonderful in all ways and damn, that had to be such a low blow for him to lose her. I'm sure she's very proud of him and would tell him that if she could. Katherine got a hard lesson; No matter how bad her life seemed, there's always someone who was worse off. I'm glad he told her his story and that she's had a change of heart. Like Jazen said, enough dreaming. Time for the real thing, which has to be better than any dream. :)

    Looking forward to the next part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she was indeed having some steamy dreams there especially after the locker room incident although she was already attracted to him. He was in her head and there was no denying that he affected her more than she was ready to admit even to herself.

      Once Holly and Emmett discovered that sex isn't as bad as they thought it was there was no stopping them and they will always be like that. Emmett will lie if he needs too and Holly is right there with him as they know that their family sometimes needs to be pushed in the right direction.

      Jeremy didn't have an easy life and he has spent most of it making sure his mother's dream of him having a better life became a reality. Now that Katherine has opened her eyes to another side of him hopefully they can spend that life together.

      Thank you for reading.

      Delete
  4. Talk about a 180! She went from hating him to kissing him. I knew she was in denial about liking him from the beginning and he is kind of a jerk sometimes. It's hard to not like someone you have chemistry with.

    Grandpa Emmett knew what he was doing I guess, hahah.

    It's sad about Jeremy's past. Having to do that bio on him really helped them get closer. Good luck Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy was in total denial about Jeremy, she liked him a lot longer than she would admit to but in her defense he did make himself easy to hate. In the end you cannot deny chemistry and the bio did help as he was able to show her another side of himself.

      Delete
  5. Oh my god.
    I am swooning. This chapter is sooooo sweet. Really. I miss heart eyes smiley now xD
    They look so perfect for each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are perfect together all they needed was a little holiday magic to bring them together.

      Delete
  6. At last they cleared the air between them. Sometimes it takes only a bit of information to change your perspective on a person.

    I have a bit of a problem reading this type of font, especially in long paragraphs. I don't know if it is only me or if other people have the same problem. Could be my screen, I'm not sure. Just thought I should mention it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine really put her guard up but once she seen he wasn't that bad she seen him in a new light.

      Thank you for bringing the problem with the font to my attention. I will take care of that.

      Delete